Please check each individual school website for specific performance dates and venues.
Beliefs for Arts Education:
* Is for every student.
* Produces literate individuals who embrace a variety of
viewpoints and thoughts preparing
students to be successful, global citizens.
* Bridges creativity in academics to foster and develop
the whole child.
* Is enhanced when collaboration occurs between teachers
and arts specialists to provide
quality arts integration.
The mission of the Visual and Performing Arts program is to maximize student potential through a quality, student-centered arts education; One Community, One Purpose, Every Child.
The vision of the District One Visual and Performing Arts program is to provide exemplary arts instruction, delivered with depth and integrity, so that every student is assured innovative arts experiences.
Our goals for providing an exemplary Arts Program in District One:
* Improve student growth in and through the arts
The Partners in Education program of the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts is designed to assist arts organizations throughout the nation to develop or expand educational partnerships with their local school systems. The primary purpose of these school/community partnerships in the arts is to promote the professional learning of teachers. Education partnerships contribute to making the arts a part of every student’s education.
* Integrate visual and performing arts in other subject areas.
* In conjunction with the community, create and advocate
policies that support and help sustain equitable,
quality arts program.
* Provide exemplary arts education in dance, media arts,
general music, choral music, instrumental music, theatre,
and visual arts, as defined in the South Carolina Visual
and Performing Arts Academic Standards.