The goal of the District One science teachers in Grades 9-12 is to prepare students to be responsible, competent citizens by providing innovative science experiences, which promote life-long learning, respect for the environment, and the ability to apply scientific processes.
We are committed to providing a science program that:
- Teaches concepts that are uniform and sequential and are built upon from grade to grade.
- Uses technology to prepare students for the future.
- Involves relevant activity-based instruction.
- Allow students to participate in planned integrated activities.
- Is coordinated district-wide.
- Is interesting, fun, and exciting so students are eager to participate in Science classes.
- Emphasizes cooperative learning strategies to enhance understanding of scientific concepts.
- Ensures all students equal access to facilities and equipment.