About Mabry Middle School
T. E. Mabry Middle is named after Mr. Tom Mabry, who was superintendent of schools in School District One from 1952 to 1968. Mabry was constructed during the 1964-65 school year. Mabry has be relocated in the old Chapman High School.
Our school facilities have been beautifully maintained and renovated with additional space over the years. In 1997, a spacious dining facility was constructed in cooperation with Chapman High School. Food is prepared in a central kitchen while students eat in separate dining facilities. Other additions and improvements to the campus include the addition of state-of-the-art science labs and two computer labs.
The building is fully networked for technology with computers in every classroom and a mini-lab in the media center. It is fully air-conditioned. Three hallways containing core academic classrooms, the media center, technology labs, some fine arts classrooms, and office suite make up the main building.
The gymnasium, athletic locker rooms, additional academic core classrooms, and fine arts classrooms complete the physical facility. A football practice field and track provide outdoor recreational opportunities. Our students participating in interscholastic football and spring sports are fortunate to share use of the excellent facilities at Chapman High School.