T. E. Mabry Middle School
"Let Us Lead By Serving Others"
Welcome to the Mabry Middle School Beta Club site! As you can see our Beta Club is formally affiliated with America's official Beta Club. Our club is active and on the move! Check here to read the latest on Beta Club activities at Mabry Middle School.
The National Beta Club is now online. In order to use the resource, you must use your ID and password. If you do not have your ID or password, see Mrs. McBride, Mrs. Collins, Mrs. Miller. Do not share this information with non-Beta Club students.
Criteria for Membership
Any 7th grade student with a 90.0 average after the 3rd nine weeks of school will be invited to join Beta Club. This average is determined for the nine weeks' grade in English, Math, Science, and Social Studies. If a student is close to this average at the end of the 3rd nine weeks and wishes to join for the next year with their class, they may request the sponsors to look at the yearly averages for English, Math, Science, and Social Studies. If this average meets the 90.0 requirement, the student may submit their fees and become an active 8th grade Beta Club member with their classmates.
The membership fee for entry into the Junior Beta Club is $20.00. This is the only membership fee the student pays to the national organization. This amount defrays the cost of (1) a certificate of membership, (2) a membership card, and (3) an official pin.
***Effective for the 2012 2013 school year, the MMS Junior Beta Club will follow a district wide student selection process. First semester grades for English, math, science, and social studies will be averaged to determine the qualifying grade of 90.0 or greater. (No rounding up) Students meeting this criterion will be invited to join the MMS Junior Beta Club and will be inducted in a joint ceremony with Inman Intermediate and New Prospect Elementary at Chapman High School Auditorium on February 5, 2013. This will be for new Beta Club students only. Students who transfer their membership from another school will not need to attend this program.***
Activities and Projects
Yearly projects are determined by the members and can vary from year to year. However, the one project required for members in this club is the Box Tops for Education. Through this project, students earn funds to support all yearly service projects. In past years, these service projects have included:
- Managing a pencil cart to provide basic school supplies for students.
- "Spook-Trackler Student Contest" - This project was designed to encourage good grades for the month of October.
- "Literacy Pumpkin Characters" - This project was designed for the teams to promote a favorite book character.
- Halloween Party for Inman Elementary - This project was designed to give Halloween safety tips and reading a halloween book for the elemntary children.
- Canned food drives for the local church food pantries during the Holiday Season.
- Sponsoring a child or family for Christmas.
- Sending letters and cards for our troops in Iraq.
- "Random Acts of Kindness" - This project was designed to encourage and recognize random acts of kindness for the month of February.
- Organizing a miniature student Relay for Life and face painting to earn money to contribute to our school's drive.
- Organizing refreshments and cards for Teacher Appreciation Week.
Tenative Dates for Beta Club Meetings
***All meetings will be located in the cafeteria from 3:15-4:00
September 18th (election of officers)
October 30th from 3:15-4:30 (IES Trip)
December 13th: (Christmas Party)
January 23-25 State Convention
February 5th - Induction of new members at CHS
February 12th (8th grade ONLY)
2012 -2013 Beta Club Officers
- President: Iesha In
- Vice President: Matthew kesler
- Secretary: Kinsey Jamerson
- Reporter: Madison Tutterow
- Chaplin: Nancy Bell
Beta Club News
Service Projects Completed for the 2012-2013 School Year
1. Halloween bags for MMS Teachers
2. Halloween bags, story time, crafts, and games with students at IES
3. Created Christmas gifts for Teachers / Students
4. Made Christmas packages for nursing home residents
(Also See Photos in Photograph Scrapbook)